Before we give you the secret to ranking #1 or at least on the first page of Google, here is a cool mash-up video of Matt Cutts, Google's Head of Web Spam, where he talks about how anyone can get the no.1 ranking in Google search. Before you take this video seriously, it’s a funny mashup video and doesn’t have real value in teaching you to quick way to rank better.
Can I Rank#1 in Google?
The quick answer is YES. The details, however, may require you to make some popcorn and get comfortable for a very long education. Ranking on the first page of Google is not tough but it’s not going to be an easy pathway. You have to work on numerous factors in tandem and it requires a perfect strategy for content creation, content promotion and generating backlinks.
Before the Penguin update, Backlinks alone boosted your ranking but in the post panda and penguin world, it’s changed. Anchor text variation, quality of sites giving you backlinks, On-site SEO structure, and many other signals have changed so, like the gears on a clock, you have to adjust with them or nothing will work properly and your intended efforts will be broken.
So here is quick checklist for better ranking in the SERP’s:
- Perform heavy Keyword research on industry related terms as well as trending terms (Use Google Planner tool)
- Keeping the page's primary keyword in mind, develop on OnPage Optimized Articles ( This covers the maximum part of your SEO effort, as you not only to make sure your post contains all the elements of On-page SEO but also give unique and detailed information regarding your Topic)
- Keep Outbound SEO Linking in mind. Backlinks that link to your primary domain must be highly strategic. Creating backlinks should be applied for tier 2 and tier 3 campaigns that point to external articles on 3rd party websites that have a quiality backlink to a page within your site. Be careful not spam your site with backlinks or you will encur a Google penalty and risk de-ranking a web link altogether.
- Maintain a decent Keyword density. Using your keyword a lot on your article is the best practice. If your keyword is Dog and your category is Breeder, something like: "Jeremy is a Breeder of Dogs. As a Dog breeder, Jeremy has the most experience in Los Angeles for breeding dogs. Most Dog Breeders will tell you that Breeding Dogs is no easy task; however Jeremy's Dog Breeding skills goes far beyond a typical Dog Breeder." -get it? Google needs to be 100% sure what you offer so be specific and put it right in Google's strike zone. Just make sure that if your site is about Dog Products, and this one page is about Dog Breeding, to only include the keyword specific to the page in your keyword tags. Keyword stuffing by trying to cram every keyword of your entire site into each page only dilutes your site. If the page is about Dog Breeding, those are the keywords to be used on that page, in title, description, etc. Do not stuff the page with keywords pertaining to products or services on other pages of your site, each page should be as specific as possible. Keyword stuffing will earn you demotion, especially on Bing where they rule your site as spam if its found stuffed with keywords. For Bing rankings, use structured schema data.
- Promote your post on Social media sites. Make sure you have verified business listings on Google and Facebook. You can verify your business with Google by requesting a PIN postcard be sent. You can verfiy your business of Facebook (which helps bring greater visibility to your facebook page) by supplying Facebook with a copy of your business license or tax filing or credti card statement etc that shows your business name and coresponding information. All of these hoops, when executed receive a greater awareness for the search engines to understand you and recommend you.
- Of all the Social media buttons, I highly recommend to integrate a Google plus button on your site. Google loves Google, so if you use a lot of Google tools and verification, Google feels that they know you far better than others that have not taken these extra steps.
- Read Google SEO guidelines here.
- Use Clean permalinks
- Use Guest posting to boost ranking of the Keyword
- Instead of just creating a Website with content: Work on creating a brand. Establish yourself as an authority in your niche. Social media is your best solution here. Work on the promotion of your Google plus brand page, which will also help in getting more Google plus1's.
- Work on improving user experience on your site: Load time, navigation, related post, Internal linking, Call to action, ad placement, readability. You can use Google analytics, to get all above vital details for free.
- The key is to create a valuable Website on any topic. Google rewards value and websites that searchers deem valuable for the search performed.
- You have to claim your authority by integrating Social media signals on your site.
- Be highly strategic in your backlinking process.
- Verify listings on every social site and directory site in existence
- Serious business websites, should use tools like those provided to MagnifyAds customers via SEOmoz and SEMrush to reveal your competitor's SEO details/tactics, and develop a strategy for winning higher search engine ranking.